Our Mission Statement
The Mission of the Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement (LCLE) is to improve the operations of the criminal justice and juvenile justice system and promote public safety by providing progressive leadership and coordination within the criminal justice community.
To this end, the agency provides a forum for all elements of the criminal justice system to come together in common cause and to develop multi-agency programs which serve the needs of a wide range of criminal justice organizations, support proven, critical, or innovative operational initiatives through the grant programs administered by the agency, promote the highest professional and ethical standards in law enforcement through high quality training programs, and to provide quality services to the criminal justice community and victims of crime within the framework of state and federal law and policy.
Public safety is a key element in the quality of life for all Louisiana citizens. The Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement seeks to create an environment in which all aspects of the criminal justice and juvenile justice system work together to promote the security of all people in the state. We seek innovation where old solutions are not working, and seek proven programs in those areas where success has been attained. In decision making processes, we seek to bring together representatives from all aspects of the criminal justice community, so that decisions reflect the needs of the whole, and build on strengths of all agencies involved.
The Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Criminal Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer pursuant to the requirement of federal and state law. Applications for employment are handled through the Department of State Civil Service.
- SRO Training Schedule for 2014
- Louisiana Sentencing Commission Meeting Thursday, April 17, 2014
- 2013 - 2015 STOP Violence Against Women Implementation Plan
- Grants Approved at March 20, 2014 Meeting
- POST Inservice Training
- LCLE Commission Meeting Notice and Agenda March 20, 2014
- Louisiana Sentencing Commission Meeting Thursday, March 20, 2014
- Louisiana Sentencing Commission Meeting Thursday, Februrary 20, 2014
- Agenda - ICJIS Policy Board Meeting January 09, 2014
- Louisiana Sentencing Commission Meeting Thursday, December 19, 2013